AFP MERV 13 filters are high efficiency filters typically used in situations requiring very clean air such as hospitals, general operating rooms and clean air-sensitive commercial buildings. MERV 13 can also be used in HVAC systems for your home. They are recommended for systems made more recently, as they can have a very high initial airflow resistance that increases as the filter collects dust and dirt.
MERV 13 Air Filters effectively reduce pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, dust mites and other allergens from your indoor air; helping to improve allergies and alleviate sinus irritation. This helps reduce watery eyes, itchy throat, coughing, and sneezing, as well as symptoms of asthma. MERV 13 Air Filters also extend the life of your heating and cooling system by making it work more efficiently.
Why MERV Matters
MERV — Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value — is an industry standard for comparing and rating air filter efficiency. Home air filters commonly have MERV ratings from 1 to 13. A filter with a higher MERV rating will not only capture more particles, but also smaller particles, which translates to cleaner, healthier indoor air. Typical throwaway fiberglass air filters carry a MERV rating ranging from 1 to 4. Our pleated home air replacement filters feature a high MERV 8, MERV 11 or MERV 13 rating.
To determine a MERV, solid particles of varying sizes are introduced into the test system, upstream from the test filter. A laser particle counter alternately samples air upstream and downstream from the test filter. This is done on the clean filter and after five dust feedings. The lowest efficiency for each range is used to determine the Composite Minimum Efficiency and assign a MERV rating.
• MERV 13 rating outperforms MERV 8 or MERV 11 OEM efficiency.
• Each filter lasts up to 90 days under normal circumstances.
• Moisture and bacteria resistant.
• Two-piece enclosure frame for double strength support.
•Electrostatically charged synthetic filter media captures sub-micron airborne allergens.
• Substantially reduced initial resistance to airflow.
• Meet LEED requirements for "Green Building" certification.
• Filters dust, dirt, pollen, odor, pet dander, mold spores, dust mites, microscopic allergens, smoke and bacteria.
• High Capacity minimizes energy costs — maximizes furnace and air conditioning efficiency by reducing dust and dirt buildup in air ducts and coils.
© 2020 Filter Sales and Service, Inc.